Thursday, August 9, 2007

the truth

Being a Mama is not for the weak of heart.
It is a total ass-kicker!
I am in awe of the fact that all Mamas around the world endure these years (and I've only just begun!) and that no one ever really talks about how incredibly challenging it is to sacrifice everything, love with no boundaries, have your patience tested mercilessly, and with NO SLEEP!!!
Women fucking rock.
Damn, I knew it would be hard, but I had no idea how utterly drained I would be- totally exhausted, in love, and almost always in a philosophical quandary about how to raise a child with absolute love without raising a brat. Wondering how I can care for her completely and take care of myself too...
Real tired. Did I mention that I miss sleep terribly?
I don't think I'll be able to write anything intelligent this evening, but I did want to get a start on this here new blog. I decided to start a new blog because my existing blog is really about my daughter and not really about me. Family and friends check it to see how incredibly gorgeous Uma is and to see what milestones she's reaching, etc. I don't think they are very interested in hearing me kvetch or curse or all of the things I would do if I was truly being honest and keeping it real.
So here it is, my attempt at keeping it real.
Tomorrow if I get enough sleep, I'll write about the pleasures of toddlers teething and why co-sleeping while teething is a really bad idea if you enjoy REM.

1 comment:

The Reader said...

Bravo, my friend, for your honesty. You f'ing rock!